Sunday, November 26, 2017

Analytical reflection

Analytical Reflection on my presentation

Tracing back to the first reflection I have done, I mentioned that I have stage fright, where I feel anxiety whenever I had to present or speak in front of a group of people. The anxiety experienced could escalate to becoming a major problem when I was presenting, such as stuttering, or even have a mental blank out.

During the actual presentation as a member of Eldervist for our project, the same situation occurred again. I was too anxious to a point I blanked out, and I lost my train of though. I stood there for what felt like hours, calming myself and trying to recollect my thoughts and composure. Eventually, I got a grip of the situation, and managed to continue despite the earlier mishap.

After the presentation, I cannot help but feel disappointed in both myself and my performance, as I was not expecting to make the same blunder as I did before. I thought I had improved since, and would be able to deliver my presentation with eloquence and professionalism. However, after reflecting on the presentation, I felt that it was alright to make such mistakes, as long as I continue to strive to improve myself in the years to come. There will be many more opportunities in the future, and I should prepare myself for ones that have yet to come, rather than to dwell in the ones that are over.

I believe the two primary improvements I have to make are being more confident when I am speaking or presenting in front of an audience, and also to be more prepared in terms of the content of my presentation, as well as to be mindful of my body language while I am presenting and speaking.

2 comments:

Brad Blackstone said...

Good specific detail in this reflection, YQ. You critically evaluate your own OP performance in a way that highlights your growing awareness. It is a boon to our ego when we think that we've already got full control of a particular skill set. What impresses me about this post is that you admit your shortcomings and have the wherewithal to make this a positive rather than a negative.

Thanks for your effort and mature approach to developing fresh insights on your own learning!

hoyongquan said...

Thank you for your comment, Brad!